OSPREY PARTNERSHIP PROPOSAL
I'm responding to Jay's partnership proposal with a different twist of an idea.
My sailing vessel Osprey may be coming up for sale once again as I have had an offer accepted for on a larger boat.
As you know I've sailed my
Lyle Hess designed 'pocket cruiser' throughout most of the lower
My new idea is this, I would entertain a partnership with other parties in Osprey and she could remain on the coast and be available to owners for cruising.
Before I go into prices and new upgrades for 2005 let me say that on the trailer with the mast up she was stored in a secure dry-dock yard in Blaine for $40 a month and easily launch-able. Or if it worked better, the yard owner would launch or recover her for me for $20 (each way). Pretty good when compared with the regular coastal morrage costs.
With $4,000 in new upgrades in 2005 and a full, new paint job sitting in the cans in the basement (yet to do) I was planning on keeping her for several more years.
Of course right after spending all that $$$ another boat comes along.
I'm going to put her on the market for $15,000 would consider holding a maximum of $5,000 as my partnership for 1/3 use, or adjust accordingly to number of more owners.
My process right now is scheduling a survey and sea trial for the potential vessel. If the deal goes through it will close mid June.
Attached is a spec sheet for Osprey.
PS I won't feel rejected if this doesn't fly, just an idea to share...